Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Trains............My love...My Identity.....

Trains.........who hates trains.....everyone loves to travel by trains...In India, when you travel by trains some pictures are very familiar..typical honking sounds, bustling stations, Variety of crowd, unhygienic, Those chaywallas and other vendors...typical sounds they make while promoting their offerings.are common across whole India...Their are few things which unite India and one in that is Indian Railways..spanning with a network of app.68,000 Kms. across pan India. Largest employer in India.
My love for trains is the immortal love..I can shed many things in my life ...but not trains...there is so much of intensity that people make fun of me and wonder out of the all things in the world why i like trains so much...People like travelling by trains but following trains is the rarest hobby possessed by some odd 6000 people sorry Train Enthusiast in India and I am proud to be part of it..
Since childhood ,I am fond of trains ..my grandpa was a great rail fan. He used to take me to the railway bridge to see the trains. Then at the age of 10 I maintained a Diary in which i used to draw the pictures of whole train sets standing on different platforms...then my dad gave me All India Rail time table and taught how to read it. It was really impressive as in a 10 year old boy drawing pictures of trains...some trains were impractical..but some trains out of my imagination now actually running and when I look that I feel proud of myself. Real serious turn around to my hobby was when I came to know about a group called Indian Railways Fan Club Association. (IRFCA.ORG). This really changed my childish railway love into a matured rail fan. I came to know about how the locos are named, their specifications , Engine types, stations , routes, freights, trains etc. I started taking part in the discussions about various topics..Saw people posting their images and videos. That actually inspired me to start clicking pics of trains.every time i travel by train..
In search of different engines, trains I travelled across whole India. Travelled by India's longest train Himsagar Exp. from Jammu till Kanyakumari. Prestigious train like Rajdhani...According to me my greatest achievement as a rail fan was when I travelled in a locomotive and actually drove it for couple of meters...It is still ma dream job to be a loco pilot.
My rail fan Friends taught me how to click pics of trains in a proper manner.. and even I dnt believe that now i have clicked over 500 photos at various locations and over 20 odd videos.
In my hostel , I have named as Railway Minister as i do all my Friends rail bookings and everyone ask for help related to railways ....I really feel proud as in 1 place I am better than others.i like doing unique things and such unique hobby really set you apart from the crowd.
My friends , Girlfriend and my relatives as well always wonder why I am so much mad about Railways....Often i stuck in a situation where I get a choice to choose between my Friends or my Trains..and I tell you frankly that's the worst situation for me as I can not avoid both the things. My friends avoid travelling with me as I bore them with different Engine names and constantly talking about railways..As a marketing professional, I like to travel in trains as you meet lots of people from different parts, different religions , variety of habbits and behavior paterns. I am very much fond of meeting new people , knowing different cultures so I really enjoy travelling by trains. I often encounter with really interesting people which really pass my time during the journey.. Trains is the union of India and its diversity..
I am proud to be a true rail fan and an Indian.

3 comments:

AJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AJ said...

Really a nice post. Trains are actually an amazing mode of travel. Especially the long distance trains of India. I wish you all the best for pursuing this special hobby that you have. I would love to read more of your experiences while traveling.

Unknown said...

Good post. Good hobby.Happy train-ing!!!